After a struggle between shareholders and the board of directors of United Bank of El Paso del Norte, the bank recently announced its new directors:
- George Bailey, retired vice president of Phelps Dodge Mining Co. and a founding shareholder of United Bank of El Paso del Norte. He will serve as board chair.
- Susan Austin, chief counsel, Ysleta Independent School District;
- David Calleros, CPA and audit partner, Croucher Hackett Calleros & Co;
- James “Jay” Inzer III, owner, LD Supply Co.;
- Jamie Lowenberg, founding shareholder, United Bank of El Paso del Norte;
- John Martin, owner, Lone Star Title of El Paso;
- Patricia “Patsy” Parker, founding shareholder, United Bank of El Paso del Norte;
- Norm Peters, president, United Bank of El Paso del Norte;
- Patrick Smith, chief financial officer, United Bank of El Paso del Norte;
- Joshua Whitehurst, chief operating officer, United Bank of El Paso del Norte.
The bank board reports to the board of Southwest United Bancshares Inc., the bank’s holding company, which represents the interests of its stockholders. Norm Peters was named interim president in early May and appointed permanent president on June 24 by the bank’s new board of directors. According to an article in the El Paso Times, in 2019 United Bank of El Paso del Norte funded 173 new loans for $50.9 million. So far in 2020, it funded 64 regular new loans for $28.3 million and processed 434 federal Paycheck Protection Program loans for $52.7 million.
Established in 2001, United Bank of El Paso del Norte operates four branches in the Borderplex.